Ski Resorts Just Around the Corner from Lyon
If Mont-Blanc can sometimes be seen from Fourvière, it must mean that the snow is not far from Lyon!
Here you have the Lyon Urban Adventures team’s selection of resorts within 2 hours drive from Lyon!
Plan d’Hotonnes (1h20m from Lyon)
In the less than 90 minutes you can be at the heart of the Jura Mountains’ preserved nature (yes, the mountain range that gives its name to the Jurassic period)!
- More than 150km of Nordic skiing tracks and plenty of beginner’s areas. Are you more of a snowshoes person? Eleven paths will allow you to walk along snow stretches.
- A small (and inexpensive) resort for Alpine (downhill) skiing, with 13 pistes ideally suited to beginners and occasional skiers.
- A biathlon stadium where you can have an introductory course accompanied by a certified instructor.
- And if you prefer to be carried along, you can enjoy the fantastic landscape on a dog-sledge ride.
Autrans / Méaudre (1h45m from Lyon)
These two ski resorts are waiting for you in the magnificent landscapes of the French Pre-Alps!
- With 33 pistes, these skiing spots are ideal for both beginners and more skilled skiers. They have long red and blue pistes, but also a beginner’s area for children and adults taking pleasure in their first slide.
- Enjoy the region’s preserved landscapes and nature during an outing on the 180 km of the Nordic space, across forests, plains and ridges. The picture-perfect spot to mix sport, admiration, and a breath of fresh air.
- Learn dog-sledge driving, biathlon and even ski-jumping with their beginner’s activities.
Les 7 Laux (1h50m from Lyon)
The Belledone mountain range in the Alps is famous for its spectacular scenery, and their loads of chairlifts will allow you to enjoy more than 1000m non-stop descent.
- With 51 pistes across two slopes, the Les 7 Laux resort is well-suited for all kind of levels (there is a fair proportion of red and black pistes for expert skiers).
- Snow beginners will have the time of their lives on the resort’s secured but unpacked areas. With four different zones per ski level, the snowpark is an unmissable playground for any rider.
- The Nordic skiing pistes offer tracks for all levels too, some of them at a height of 2000 meters.
Some of these ski resorts are located at medium altitude, so remember to check the snow forecast before hitting the road!